Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Good Friends finally meet

  1. #1
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love to get up in them morning, grab a cup of coffee and read the posts on my favorite board...I would much rather do this than read the newspaper....I like to catch up on all the AG news, perhaps new codes...and even better maybe someone is selling something I have been looking for..It doesnt get any better than that...It feels like I have known some of these people for years....
    Speaking of knowing people for years, this past weekend I finally met MaryCarly. MaryCarly has been my cyber friend for years but we had never met...I had shared all my lifes experiences with her and she had done the same.....we were like soul mates.....
    We met in Garrisonville Virginia....had lunch at a local resturaunt....Our husbands hit it off right away....we spent the afternoon geocaching, talking about dolls and just enjoying each others company. Mary surprised me by giving me a little twin boy. This little boy came complete with a whole wardrobe of clothes...he was just adorable..I was so excited, I had never really wanted a twin but Mary kept telling me I needed a boy....I never thought he would be sooo cute....
    Sadly the hours flew by we had to say goodbye and make our trek back to Delaware.
    This trip would normally take three hours....but traffic was so bad I couldnt get in the right lane to make my exit to 95...DH told me not to worry he would get us back on 95..we drove for quite a while and no signs for 95 we finally came to a stop sign....had to go right, left or park across the street.......it was the white house.....DH hung his head and said "I guess I was wrong.." ...lol..all was not lost...I got some great pics of downtown Washington...Lincoln memorial, Washington monument and the Vietman Vetrans memorial....
    All in all it was a wonderful visit, we are looking forward getting together again...
    Thanks MaryCarly for a great visit

  2. #2
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    That is awesome for you two to finally meet! Congratulations on your new little guy! What did you name him?

    I was stationed at Quantico and 95 can be a mess at the strangest times. I remember driving to DC one day and seeing a license plate that said "IH895" LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time with MaryCarly! I'm so glad the two of you finally met in person!

    Thanks for sharing your story with us.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I named the little boy Nicholas....in fact when we got home, I tried on every outfit just to see what he would look like and he is sooo cute....now my new shopping list consists of some new clothes for Nicholas

  5. #5
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Nicholas is an awesome name! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mary,
    When you all took your detour, you must have been close to our house. I will have to give you our phone number in case you are back in this area. I would love to meet you in person. I have lots of Boy Twin clothes. My friend makes BT outfits and sells them in sets or one at a time.
    Kathy

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, that sounds like such a wonderful day! What a joy it must have been for you two ladies to meet after so many years - and then to have your husbands get along well! That's just icing on the cake. Can't wait to see the pics of your outing! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    And by the way,
    Originally posted by marymax:
    I love to get up in them morning...and read the posts on my favorite board...I would much rather do this than read the newspaper....I like to catch up on all the AG news, perhaps new codes...and even better maybe someone is selling something I have been looking for..It doesnt get any better than that...It feels like I have known some of these people for years....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is exactly what I do most mornings as well. I bring my breakfast to the computer and start my day off right with all of you!

  8. #8
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Awwww. It's so wonderful that you two finally met!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! [img]smile.gif[/img] Did you take any pictures?? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member smwoodsie2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used to live in MD, near FT. Meade & 95, 695, 495, etc, all scared me b/c it seemed no matter how many times I travel them b/w seeing gma in NY & seeing other gma in NC, I would get lost, so I completely understand!!!!!!! BTW, this hb is addictive b/c I do the same thing first thing in the morning too. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member AG Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh wow! How exciting for you both. I'm glad you had such a good time. Congrats on your twin! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •